First Aid Essentials for Children
This course is suitable for parents, grandparents, caregivers, domestic workers and teachers and any other layperson wanting to learn first aid essentials for children.
What is covered?
- Steps to take when making an emergency call
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) and choking in adults, children and infants
- How to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Traumatic injuries such as burns, bleeding, broken bones and poisoning
- Environmental emergencies such as heat stroke and exhaustion
- Medical emergencies such as fever, asthma, low blood sugar and dehydration
- Prevention of illness and injury, i.e.: car safety, indoor and outdoor child safety
Testing and certification
- There is no testing
- This course is an attendance only course and therefore there is no certification
- This course is not accredited as a level 1 first Aid course by the Department of Labour
- This course is accredited with 2 500 Discovery Vitality points
Each student will be provided with a workbook to review during the course and keep for future reference.
These courses can be run privately at your own venue or you can join us at one of our venues. If you choose to run this course privately, each course requires a room size of approximately 5m x 5m, a television and a DVD player or a digital projector and a chair for each student. If a television and DVD player or projector is not available this can be provided.
Booking and Availability
We are limited to training a minimum of 4 participants with a maximum of 6 participants per course. All courses are very practical and strict attention is given to quality training where each student is given as much attention as possible.
This course can be split over two days.
*First Aid Courses are only being offered in Gauteng.
Contact us with queries for course bookings.